On Target Shooting Sports Training Courses
HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT
- This class is mandated by the state of Tennessee in order to get an Enhanced Carry Permit in this state. The class covers laws in the state of Tennessee regarding when and where a permit is and is not allowed to carry their firearm, as well as an in-depth look at the laws regarding use of force and self-defense in our state. It also covers the basic operation and mechanics of handguns and ammunition, as well as some material on proper firearm storage and carry methods. We look forward to seeing you in class.
Introduction to the AR
- New to the AR rifle? Want to better understand how the rifle operates and how to maintain it? We have a two-part class designed to help you better know and use your AR pattern rifle.
• Basic function
• Disassembly & Cleaning
• Sighting Options
Basic FIREARMS Safety
- Are you a new gun owner? Are you considering buying your first firearm? This class will help remove some of the mystery about how a firearm works. The class teaches the rules for firearms safety, so the gun owner understands how handle their gun correctly.
• Fundamental Firearms Safety Rules
• Handgun function
• Parts of a Firearm
• Proper Storage
This class is all classroom. No live fire or live ammunition.
- Are you new to the pistol? Do you have your carry permit but realize there is much more to learn? Are you looking to become more proficient with a pistol? Then this class is for you.
• In depth look at marksmanship
• Lots of one on one coaching
• Dry and live fire work
• Practice plan for continued improvement
~ A Girl & A Gun ~
A Girl & A Gun Women’s Shooting League (AG & AG) is a shooting club established by women shooters for women shooters. AG & AG events are fun, social gatherings where you get firearms training and encouragement, ask questions in a safe and nonjudgmental environment, improve your marksmanship, and make new friends.
Lawful Concealed Carry
- How well do you understand the laws that govern concealed carry? Do you know when it is legal to use force? There are lots of misconceptions and misunderstandings about self-defense and concealed carry. This class is designed to correct some of those misunderstandings.
• Where is it legal to carry
• Permitless carry
• Carry Permit
• Legalities of defensive force
- Are you considering getting a shotgun for home defense? Do you already own a shotgun and want to know how to best utilize it for a defensive tool? This class is designed to explore how to set up and use a shotgun for home defense.
• Shotgun types
• Gear selection
• Shotgun modifications
• Ammunition selection
• Loading procedures
MORE CLASSES COMING
- As we expand operations and refine our training programs, On Target Shooting Sports will continue to provide quality training to the public. Stay tuned for more classes.